Saturday, April 5, 2014

Middlesbrough young gun Ryan Brobbel in talks over new deal


Aitor Karanka has confirmed that Boro have opened talks with hot prospect Ryan Brobbel over a new deal




Aitor Karanka has confirmed that Boro have opened talks with hot prospect Ryan Brobbel over a new deal.


The midfielder is currently on loan at League Two play-off contenders York City where he has scored three goals in 14 games this term.


But the Boro staff have kept a close eye on his progress and Karanka recalled him earlier this year to get a closer look at how he fared in first team squad sessions.


The Hartlepool-born schemer, 21 last month, even made an appearance on the bench for the trip to Doncaster in February.


His contract is up in the summer but the boss admitted Boro are now talking about a new deal.


Karanka added: “He is going to be a good player and we need to work with him. We need to see what happens.


“He was training with us and in the squad and he is a player that I like.”


Brobbel is qualified for England, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland and has been called up for training camps with both the latter squads.


The player says he is working hard and enjoying life at York but is aiming to secure a future at Boro.


“When I went back to Middlesbrough, I got a few sniffs of the first team but didn’t really get a chance to play,” he told the York Press.


“Obviously, at York I will be playing in an environment where it’s all about winning, which is good for me.


“After I left York before I’m not too sure if anybody else came in for me because I just wanted to stay at Middlesbrough and work on getting a contract there.


“But the chance to return here came up, it was a great opportunity and, if we can push on and get to Wembley, it would do so much for my career and, obviously, York as a club.


“I have been offered a contract at Middlesbrough and I just need to sort out some clauses and stuff.


“Hopefully, if I do well here, it will help me push on at Boro and help with my contract situation too.”



No comments:

Post a Comment