Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Milwaukee Yamaha men aim for improvement in season's second meeting


Guisborough's Milwaukee Yamaha team will be hoping to be back in the points at Oulton Park




Josh Brookes believes Guisborough’s Milwaukee Yamaha team can be back in the points at Oulton Park this weekend.


In the opening race of the season at Brands Hatch on Easter Monday, the Australian was pushing at the front of the pack before crashing out.


That put him back on row four for the second race at the Kent track in which he charged through the field to close in on leader Shane Byrne over the final laps to claim second place.


Team-mate Tommy Bridewell had a challenging weekend as he pushed to find a setting for the two races, however he was able to finish both races in the top 10, scoring a seventh and ninth place result in the two races.


“Starting from 10th in race two wasn’t ideal but I didn’t know where I could finish so I wasn’t sure how it was all going to pan out,” reflected Brookes.


“My focus was on whoever was in front of me, that might sound stupid, but I was looking at one rider at a time and nothing else.


“As I made passes I built confidence and caught Shane but it was too late and I wasn’t in a position to make a pass.


“I am not over the moon with second because we started the weekend with the potential to win races, but it wasn’t to be.


“We will take the second place and see what we can do at Oulton Park because in the past that has been a superb track for the Milwaukee Yamaha.”


Bridewell too is looking forward to better things this weekend.


“We didn’t have the pace to be up there fighting in the races at Brands Hatch,” he said, “and we need to have a look at our settings so that we can come back stronger at Oulton Park.”



No comments:

Post a Comment