Saturday, May 31, 2014

Boro defender Ben Gibson helps England into third-place play-off in U-20 Toulon Tournament


Ben Gibson was in Gareth Southgate’s starting line-up for the final group game against Colombia




Ben Gibson has helped England earn a place in tomorrow’s third-place play-off match in the prestigious Under-20 Toulon Tournament.


The Boro centre-back was in Gareth Southgate’s starting line-up for yesterday’s final group game against Colombia in the Stade Leo Lagrange, France.


Fulham’s Cauley Woodrow gave England a 27th minute lead before Joao Rodriguez hit a 68th minute equaliser.


The draw was enough to secure second place in Group B behind Brazil and England will play Portugal in a third/fourth place decider in Avignon tomorrow (4pm).


Meanwhile, former Boro midfielder Kevin Thomson has joined newly-promoted Scottish Premiership club Dundee.


The 29-year-old, who was released by relegated Hibernian on Monday, said: “I’m delighted to sign for Dundee and I got a great and positive vibe when I spoke to the manager Paul Hartley.


“This is a new challenge which I am looking forward to and for my future to be sorted out so quickly after the events of last weekend is a great pick me up.


“I am really excited to be here.”



No comments:

Post a Comment