Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Young Middlesbrough actress lands lead role in Cinderella panto


A young actress has proved that hard work and determination does prevail after landing the lead role in Cinderella.


Gabrielle Green will be hoping to ‘break a leg’ after being chosen to appear alongside celebs Maureen Nolan and Lee Latchford-Evans, in the panto version of the classic fairy tale.


The 20-year-old, who grew up in Linthorpe, will play Cinders throughout the panto season at Ipswich’s Regent Theatre but at one point was not even going to apply for the job.


The former Stockton Riverside college student said: “I didn’t actually end up doing an audition.


“My agent, Sue Francis, sent some clips of me from Wolfblood to the casting agents and really pushed for me to get the job.


“I have worked hard for this but I also have a lot to thank her for.”


Gabrielle - who got knocked back from over 50 auditions before landing her first big role in CBBC’s Wolfblood - studied Musical Theatre at college.


She has always wanted to be in a pantomime and is looking forward to combining her love of singing and dancing.


The actress said: “I really enjoy television acting but I miss not singing and dancing.


“Panto is going to be totally different to what I am used to, but I will finally be getting the chance to do what I am trained in, which is amazing.”


Prince Charming is played by Steps heart-throb Latchford-Evans but Gabrielle is more excited at the prospect of acting opposite singing and acting legend Maureen Nolan.


She said: “I can’t believe that I am going to be acting opposite someone as experienced as Maureen.


“I went to see her in Blood Brothers at Sunderland Empire and she was amazing.


“I am hoping to really learn from her as she has done pantomime before so I am hoping that she can get me through.”


Gabrielle, who now lives in Normanby, hopes that her performance in the panto grabs the attention of the right people to help further her career.


She said: “I would love to do more TV acting but the dream role would be in a musical film.”



No comments:

Post a Comment