Monday, April 6, 2015

Jonathan Woodgate: 'We are still right in the mix, if we win all five games we'll go up'


Jonathan Woodgate has taken the blame for the Hornets opener in the stinging 2-0 defeat at Watford.


But the skipper insists Boro are still on course for promotion.


“I just misjudged the flight of the ball,” he said of the pivotal moment as a cross dropped over his head and left Troy Deeney free to crack in the opener.


“I think it may have taken a clip off someone’s studs, but that’s no excuse. I lost track of it. It was my fault. I’ll put my hands up to that.


“Watford are a good team, and they were better than us on the day.


“But we are not out of it. Let’s not forget where we are in the table. We are right in the mix with five games to go.


“If we win all five we will go up. Can we do it? I think we can. We’ve shown that we’re a good side, and we are going to fight all the way. Some Boro fans will say “we always do it the hard way” but fans of all teams say the same.


“I’ll take promotion any way it comes. We’ve got two home games now. Six points from them might put us back top. We just have to make sure we win as many points as we can.”



No comments:

Post a Comment