Monday, June 9, 2014

‘I acted like being dead to save my life,’ says witness in Muslim techie’s murder case


By TwoCircles.net Staff Reporter,


Mumbai: Ameen Harun Shaikh (30 years) is one of the witnesses in Muslim techie Mohsin Shaikh’s loathsome murder occurred on Monday in Hadapsar area of Pune which was the result of aftermath of rioting by right wing Hindutva groups, purportedly for uploading of derogatory morphed images of Chatrapati Shivaji and late Shiv Sena leader Balasaheb Thakarey on Facebook by some unidentified anti social elements.


Ameen Harun is another victim of the Pune violence who was also beaten up gruesomely and injured by the gang of Hindu radicals during their violent protest across the city for the purported uploading of morphed images on Facebook. He has recorded his statement with the police investigating Pune violence and is considered to be one of the prime witnesses for identifying rampaging Hindu radicals who have been made accused in the Mohsin Shaikh’s killing.






Ameen Harun Shaikh


He thus describes the horrific incidences of Monday night when he was caught in Hadapsar area of Pune where a techie ‘Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh’ was murdered by the Hindu radicals belonging to ‘Hindu Rashtra Sena’:

“On the night of Monday, I returned from my in-laws town ‘Bagwan’ located 100 KM from Pune. I got down from bus at Siddheshwar petrol pump. As auto-rickshaw was not available I began walking towards home. When I reached the Jatu plot which was near to my home, I saw 15-20 people tearing the poster of ‘Ram Raheem Mitra Mandal’, I got frightened before I could understand why those people were doing that. I tried to hide in the Bansode shop at the corner but the angry mob sighted me and started to come towards me saying “Dhara yala dhara, ya dadhi topi walya la dhara sodu naka yala, mara” (Catch him catch, this cap wearing bearded man, don’t leave him, beat him).


Listening to this I ran in opposite direction. Some of the people in the mob were on motor cycle while others were running on foot. They had iron rods and hockey sticks in their hands. I ran about 300 meters and requested motor part shop’s owner to save me from the mob who took me inside and I hid myself besides counter but the mob came inside shop, spotted me and started to beat. The shop owner had run away to save his life.


The angry radicals were beating me with rods and hockey sticks, I protecting my head through hands and was pleading them “Tumhi mala kashala marta , me kay kela aahe, mala naka maru” ( Why are you beating me , what have I done, Don’t eat me). But they did not listen to me and continued their beating; they even beat me with their punches and kicks.


I acted like being dead and thus saved my life. They supposed I was dead or unconscious and left. Soon the owner of shop came, apologized for not saving me and told me to leave from there to save my life. Then I left for my home. My body was drenched with blood. I had lost my phone. I used phone of my neighbour to call my family who had gone to relative’s place. When my family came, they informed me that a youth has been beaten to death in Banker colony which was around 500 meters from my home. I then went to Mahant hospital for treatment with my neighbours. While returning, I was told that the murdered youth was Mohsin sheikh. I knew him; we used to pray in the same mosque. I had met him, he was a good person.”


Till now police have arrested 17 accused, all belonging to Hindu Rashtra Sena. ACP Gopinath Patil informed Pune cantonment court during production of accused before the court that there are still 5 more accused who are absconding and that they have recovered 8 motorcycles, rods and hockey sticks which were used in the killing of Mosin Sadiq Shakh.


(with inputs from Urdutimes)



No comments:

Post a Comment