Thursday, October 23, 2014

Luke Williams: 'I can't wait to excite Scunthorpe fans'


Luke Williams has vowed to excite the Glanford Park faithful after the Boro forward completed a one-month loan move to Scunthorpe United earlier today.


The 21-year-old has found first-team chances at a premium since the arrivals of Jelle Vossen and Patrick Bamford - and will now look to help fire the League One strugglers up the table.


Williams started the season in good form, scoring a 30-yard rocket for Boro in the Capital One Cup win at Oldham Athletic, but since then he has found himself with the Under-21s.


Now looking to impress for the Iron, Williams told the club’s official website: “I was told that I’d be coming here earlier this week but I had a little niggle in my foot so I made sure to settle that Middlesbrough and it’s now sorted so I’m ready to go.


‘’I had my first day of training today, it was a smaller group cause some of the lads were doing a cool down but it was good to just get amongst it and get involved.


‘’It was a good session though, we had smaller sided games where you get to see what you’re gonna be doing and yeah, I’m just looking forward to the weekend now.’


’I can play anywhere across the front really but I do like playing just behind the striker.


‘’That’s probably my favourite position because you get more of the ball and it’s also where I’ve been playing this season at Middlesbrough.’’


Williams could make his Scunthorpe debut on Saturday against Notts County, and is looking forward to his second loan spell after spending the end of last season at Hartlepool United, scoring twice in seven games.


“I really enjoyed my time at Hartlepool, everything went well, the fans were great and Coops (Colin Cooper) has done a lot for me there but all the lads were great as well,” he added.


“I’m an attacking player; I like to create goals as well as score them and I like being exciting going forward.


“There’s a lot of competition here so hopefully I’ll be able to prove why I’m here and show what I can do.


“I can’t wait to play on Saturday, I’ve come here to play games and that is what is I’m looking forward to the most."



No comments:

Post a Comment