Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Teessider Danny Johnson out to star against ex club Hartlepool


Deadly striker Danny Johnson says he will be returning to Hartlepool a much-improved player with Stevenage on Saturday.


The Teessider was released by Pools as a teenager and dropped out of pro football altogether following a brief spell in Spain.


Johnson earned a summer move to Cardiff City last summer however after ripping it up in the Northern League with a club record 59 goals for Guisborough Town.


He has continued to terrorise defences in Wales with 15 goals in 17 games for Cardiff’s Under-23 side, and notched his first professional goal - a Johnstone’s Paint Trophy winner for Tranmere at Bury - while on loan at Prenton Park in November.


The 21-year-old from Nunthorpe is now back in League Two after completing a one-month loan move to Stevenage on deadline day.


And after making his debut in Stevenage’s 1-0 weekend defeat at Mansfield ahead of last night’s clash at home to Bury, he will be aiming to impress against Pools.


“Every aspect of my game has improved since joining Cardiff,” Johnson told Guisborough’s Town’s ‘The Priorymen’ matchday programme.


“I’m even surprising myself with some of the things I’ve been able to do.


“Everything has improved, especially my finishing because goalkeepers are coached privately day in, day out.


“I’m a lot stronger and fitter, which adds to my style of game.


“My hold-up and link-up play has also come on due to the pressure you get put under and speed of the game.


“My movement has also improved and I’m learning and improving every day.


“I’m living the dream after signing for Cardiff, and I’m loving every minute of it,” he added.



No comments:

Post a Comment