Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Four of Teesside’s most talented singers performed to a online audience on YouTube


Four of Teesside’s most talented singers performed in an acoustic concert which was broadcast live on YouTube.


Former X Factor hopefuls Kerrianne Covell, Abi Alton and Bre Musiq shared a bill with talented Teesside two-piece Taylor Mayd for a concert that was broadcast to audiences worldwide via YouTube.


All four acts that performed tonight at Middlesbrough College’s performance theatre are former Middlesbrough College students.


Kerrianne Covell, 23, narrowly missed out on a place in the X Factor live shows last year.


She said: “I think this is a really good idea. People get to watch it all around the world.


“At the same time, the low stage and theatre makes it really intimate.”


Highlights of Kerrianne’s set included an acoustic version of Mary Mary’s classic Shackles (Praise You).


Danielle Ripley, 22, sings in Taylor Mayd backed by guitarist Si Smith, 33 and their performance included Alicia Keys’s If I Ain’t Got You.


Danielle, who also works as a learning support assistant at Middlesbrough College, said: “We’re doing some live lounge, modern soul songs.


“I was at college with Kerrianne and Bre Musiq. We’ve always gigged together.


“I’m planning on auditioning for X Factor this year - I thought I would take my chances.”


Abi Alton said: “I think this is a great idea.


“I’ve never done a live stream before. It makes it accessible to everybody who couldn’t necessarily make it out tonight.”


The concert was streamed live on Middlesbrough College’s official YouTube page and the comments section was packed with positive messages.


Jeff Atkinson said, “It’s really nice to just chill and watch/listen to these top artists,” while Calum Priestley wrote: “Show looks great. I’m a massive fan of Kerrianne and Abi.”



No comments:

Post a Comment