Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Patrick Bamford on Boro Derby clash: 'I've no shortage of reasons to want to win this one'


Nottingham Forest fan Patrick Bamford has more reasons than most to help Boro beat Derby.


As well as looking to help Boro steal a march in the promotion battle he will be out to strike a blow against his boyhood idols’ bitter rivals.


And he will be aiming to put one over on the side he helped to the play-offs last term.


“I’ve no shortage reasons to want to win this one,” he said as Boro prepared a Rams raid. “We are all going there excited and fired up but I think I have a few extra incentives.


“Obviously it is important that Boro go there and get a result because we are chasing promotion and it is a massive game with a big chance for us to take a big step forward against one of our direct rivals.


“That is the biggest reason of course, but I have a few others. But I’ve been a Forest fan since I was born so that gives me an incentive too.


“I said at the time that scoring against Derby at home last year was a bit special and I know all my friends and family really celebrated that. So yes, there is that element too.


“But also, I was at Derby on loan for a spell last year and that is an incentive for me too because I never really got a look in up front there and that was frustrating for me. But I don’t think I have anything to prove to Derby.


“I think I did my job for them there and I helped them into the play-offs.


“They came here in December and I scored and we beat them 2-0 in quite a convincing fashion so there’s nothing to prove - although it would be nice to win again just it make sure there’s no doubts.”



No comments:

Post a Comment