Thursday, February 5, 2015

Man City captain Vincent Kompany laughs off Lee Tomlin's 'brilliant tweet'


Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has laughed off Lee Tomlin’s mischievous tweets following Boro’s FA Cup giant-killing at the Etihad.


The Boro striker, whose recent form has seen him nominated for the Championship Player of the Month award for January, was a thorn in City’s side during Boro’s 2-0 win last month.


And he recently became a Twitter hit, after posting: “My washing machine was making loads of noise I opened it and Kompany crawled out I must of left him in my pocket #banter”


More than 29,000 fans from clubs up and down the country retweeted Tomlin’s post, with some Man City fans reacting angrily to what they saw as a lack of respect.


© CameraSport


But Kompany, who was left floundering in the game by one brilliant Dennis Bergkamp-esque Tomlin turn, saw the funny side.


“It’s a brilliant tweet! I’m not annoyed at all,” the City skipper told the Manchester Evening News.


“If you go through my Twitter line, you get the odd United fan that says a lot more horrible things than that so it is fine.”



No comments:

Post a Comment