Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Watch: Stockton girl to party with stars at Brit Awards after recording track with Kaiser Chiefs


Sarah Luke is one lucky girl.


Tonight the 22-year-old from Stockton will be rubbing shoulders with some of music’s biggest names after being invited to the Brit Awards.


But the privilege of attending the event is just the latest in a string of amazing opportunities Sarah has been given - all thanks to MasterCard’s Priceless Surprises campaign.


Back in December, the Kaiser Chiefs “superfan” was flown out to South Africa where she recorded a track with her favourite band.


“On Twitter, the Kaiser Chiefs initially said they were looking for fans to do some filming with,” said Sarah, who has been a fan of the band since 2008.


“I got through, was interviewed over Skype by the director and later found out I had won - the band had chosen me and another girl as the winners.”


But the surprises did not even there when Sarah was told the filming was going to be done in South Africa and that they would also go see the band perform on tour with the Foo Fighters.


Kaiser Chiefs super fans Jessica Wright (left) and Sarah Luke (centre) with lead singer Ricky Wilson, as The Kaiser Chiefs have given the two fans an "Oh My God" moment to remember Kaiser Chiefs super fans Jessica Wright (left) and Sarah Luke (centre) with lead singer Ricky Wilson, as The Kaiser Chiefs have given the two fans an "Oh My God" moment to remember


“I couldn’t believe it but at that point still thought we were going over there just to be filmed picking up the band’s new single.”


However, Sarah and fellow “superfan” - Jessica Wright from Essex - were surprised at their Cape Town hotel by the band themselves.


“We were filming and were told to look at Table Mountain. Then all of a sudden the band appeared.


“I was so shocked. I was completely speechless.


“They then told us we were going to the studio with them where they were going to record their new single Say My Name and that we would feature in the song by performing percussion.”


But once again, the surprises were not quite over.


“The next thing was that we were told us we were going to go to the Brits,” said Sarah, who works at Marks & Spencer in Stockton town centre. “I couldn’t take it all in.


“I am such a fan of the Brits. I watch it every year so can’t quite believe I am actually going.”


Sarah has chosen to take her boyfriend Tom Tyman, also 22, to the ceremony.


The pair have been given the highly sought-after ‘bronze package’ tickets which will see them seated close to some the music industry’s biggest stars. They will also attend the famous afterparty.


And for those not as lucky to attend the event, Sarah will also feature in adverts in between the show, which airs on ITV tonight from 8pm.


“I am so excited,” she admitted.


“I am not quite sure what to expect but to be honest I am getting used to that after everything that has happened!


“You always think nothing like this happens to a person like you so I am having to pinch myself.


“It is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will never forget.”



No comments:

Post a Comment